Re: word and paragraph numbering

Ann Byrne

The applications key is your friend. Press it and arrow down to the numbering split button. Split buttons are a little like submenus. right arrow to open this split button, arrow up or down to your choice, and press enter.

At 05:54 AM 2/6/2012, you wrote:
Good morning: In switching to word I noticed that when, in preparing a motion, I type the number 1. and write a paragraph and then hit the enter key, word automatically inserts the number 2. Although it is my intention to do that I don't want this to happen automatically and want to type the number 2. . How can I solve this probelm, remembering again that I'm not that good with the ribbon yet and would have to use short cut keys. Thanks in advance. John Fioravanti