moderated Re: JAWS 2019 and Winamp

JM Casey

No reason that I can think of. I have had times where JAWS won’t read a playlist, but I never restarted JFW as a result – sometimes just ctrl-tabbing back and forth between winamp windows or invoking the alt-e toggle a couple of times does the trick.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: November 2, 2019 11:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS 2019 and Winamp

Hay list friends,  Well, I did it.  I Was able to DJ for my daughter's sweet 16 party using a Windows 10 laptop connected to a PA system and Winamp and JAWS 2019.  Everything went well except for one little hitch.  When I would do some other task on the computer while running Winamp and switch back to Winamp, I would loose JAWS speaking when arrowing up and down in the playlist.  I would have to restart JAWS and things would work fine. JAWS would continue to work, just not in the play list. This would happen when I would go to Windows Volume mixer to make adjustments to the computer audio output level.  Is there a reason that I would loose some JAWS functionality with Winamp after switching back?  You may remember that I was able to get JAWS to speak the playlist by changing the Winamp skin to Classic.