moderated Re: Links and single key navigation

Norma A. Boge

Hi Dean, this is the information I was looking for, and I was sure it could be done, I just didn’t remember what it was called. Thanks so much,  Norma

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019 9:59 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Links and single key navigation

You can do this by making changes in the Navigation Quick Key Manager. Unfortunately, there is not as much flexibility there as I would like.  You can only use letters and numbers, and there isn’t a lot of wiggle room because most are already used.

I’ll explain my personal setup.  Obviously, this works for me, may not work for you.

I seldom use the P key to navigate by paragraphs.  I use even less the I key to navigate from list item to list item.

So I have assigned Place Marker to P, thereby freeing up the unassigned Any Link key to be assigned to K.  though I may not need it, I assigned Paragraph to I.

Once you assign Any Link to some letter or number, you can use it like any other quick key, and it is very nice to have.

Dean