moderated JAWS 2019 and Winamp

Marty Hutchings

Hay list friends,  Well, I did it.  I Was able to DJ for my daughter's sweet 16 party using a Windows 10 laptop connected to a PA system and Winamp and JAWS 2019.  Everything went well except for one little hitch.  When I would do some other task on the computer while running Winamp and switch back to Winamp, I would loose JAWS speaking when arrowing up and down in the playlist.  I would have to restart JAWS and things would work fine. JAWS would continue to work, just not in the play list. This would happen when I would go to Windows Volume mixer to make adjustments to the computer audio output level.  Is there a reason that I would loose some JAWS functionality with Winamp after switching back?  You may remember that I was able to get JAWS to speak the playlist by changing the Winamp skin to Classic.