moderated Re: Can JAWS read emails like the Sirius XM one below filled with images?

Tom Lange

Hi,

To use PictureSmart, press alt+space followed by P, then C.  I tried it on one of the graphics and got the following:

Caption is a screenshot of a cell phone.

This text appears in the photo

X
To ensure that you continue receiving SiriusXM emails, please add us to your address book or safe list. To unsubscribe,
please click here,
NOTE: Please allow up to 10 business days for your preferences to be applied. You may still receive service-related
emails if the email address is associated with your subscriber account.
Have you moved or changed your billing information? Please take a minute now to update your account information.
You can read our entire Privacy Policy
See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com
Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104
www.siriusxm.com
Schedule and channel assignments are subject to change. Check siriusxm.com for the latest updates.
O 2019 Sirius XM Radio Inc. SiriusXM, Automatic, Pandora and all related logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
and its respective subsidiaries. All other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners.
All rights reserved..

These tags describe the photo

screenshot, text.

These tags probably describe the photo

abstract, Font, Technology.

These tags possibly describe the photo

Electronic device, Multimedia.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, November 1, 2019 3:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Can JAWS read emails like the Sirius XM one below filled with images?

I'm at work, so no access to Jaws, but I suspect you would have to use the Picture Smart feature on each image assuming you have Jaws 2019 or 2020.

HTH,

Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." 

-- from The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, by Jane Wagner

On Nov 1, 2019, at 2:42 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi  List,

I'm getting more emails like the one below with virtually no text other than what might be within the images comprising most of the message. Is there an iasy way to get JAWS to run OCR in order to read such messages? I'm using Outlook 2010 as my email client if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Alan Lemly

Sent: Friday, November 01, 2019 9:41 AM
To: walemly@...
Subject: Alan, Here are your 15 holiday music channels

‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌  ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ ⁠ 

If you are unable to see the message below, click here to view.

This week in:  

Music

|  

Sports

|  

Entertainment

|  

News & Issues

|  

Sweepstakes

To ensure that you continue receiving SiriusXM emails, please add us to your address book or safe list. To unsubscribe, please click here.

NOTE: Please allow up to 10 business days for your preferences to be applied. You may still receive service-related emails if the email address is associated with your subscriber account.

Have you moved or changed your billing information? Please take a minute now to update your account information.

You can read our entire Privacy Policy.

See our Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com.

Sirius XM Radio Inc.
1290 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10104
www.siriusxm.com

Schedule and channel assignments are subject to change. Check siriusxm.com for the latest updates.

© 2019 Sirius XM Radio Inc. SiriusXM, Automatic, Pandora and all related logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc. and its respective subsidiaries. All other marks, channel names and logos are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.