moderated Re: J2020.1910.54.400 Download Link + What's New

Cristóbal

I thought the dictionary entries maxed out at 1000 or so.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Orlando Enrique
Fiol via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2019 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: J2020.1910.54.400 Download Link + What's New

Hi Sieghard.

>First of all this seems to be something which appears to be quite >unique
to you since I can easily add stuff to the dictionary.

How many entries are in your dictionary? If you like, I can privately email
you my dictionary and you can try adding entries to it.

>Furthermore, I am on the private Jaws beta team and I have heard about
no such bug, in fact, another member of said beta team posted a >message
today referring to your post on this list asking if this is a >problem for
others.

Since the problem is occurring on both my desktop and laptop, I can only
conclude that my dictionary file is the problem. However, everything about
it looks fine. All the entries have the same syntax; none use uncommon
characters besides accent marks for foreign words.
So, if my file is the problem, I'm itching to find out how to correct it
without losing 1100 entries.

>I know It can be frustrating when you encounter an issue which >prevents
you from doing things the way you are used to, I spend a lot >of time, in
fact, about 2 years corresponding with various people from >Vispero before
somebody said they would take this on because they felt >it would be of use
not just to me but also to many other people who >use older software for
work or their own business. One thing I found >is that it always pays off
to approach a company using a reasonable >tone, laying out the problem and
letting them know that you understand >that they also are busy, have
priorities and they may not get to your >issue right away.

I've always used a cordial and professional tone with every Vispero employee
with whom I've interacted, since I know that only the development team can
actually look into these issues.
Still, my problem is not just about my inconvenience; it's about what we may
need to know in the future when our dictionaries become ever larger. No one
wants to part with thousands of entries that have taken years to assemble.
So, if there are indeed corrupted portions of JDF files, we need to know how
to spot and fix them.
Orlando Enrique Fiol