From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: [External] J2020.1910.54.400 Download Link + What's New

At 06:49 AM 10/30/2019, David Goldfield wrote:
>I'll admit that I was one of those users who was initially >disappointed at what I perceived as a minor update without the >earthshaking large feature set I was hoping to see in the initial 2020 >release. However, I thought better of it when I considered what we >experienced with the 2019 release cycle. The initial 2019 update also >didn't contain a huge amount of new features but we certainly saw that >new features were added over time during the 2019 update cycle, such >as the picture smart feature. I know that JAWS users are used to >massive feature updates when the new release is launched, followed by >a series of minor maintenance updates during the year. What I think >we're seeing are features which roll out over time, rather than one >big update containing 25 brand new features all at once.

I'm more concerned about old features continuing to work than new features. Ever since the first beta and now with the official 2020 release, I cannot add dictionary entries to my default file, nor can I associate another file as my default dictionary. My only recourse is to add entries manually to the file in Notepad, which is tedious and time consuming. How can such a basic aspect of screen-reading software go unnoticed and unattended, especially since I've reported this problem since the first beta, and sent Vispero Support detailed crash dumps? Answer: They just don't care. Software developers only listen to us when we threaten to withdraw our financial support.Orlando Enrique Fiol Ph.D. in Music Theory University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018 Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@verizon.net