moderated Re: [External] J2020.1910.54.400 Download Link + What's New

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 06:49 AM 10/30/2019, David Goldfield wrote:
I'll admit that I was one of those users who was initially
disappointed at what I perceived as a minor update without the
earthshaking large feature set I was hoping to see in the initial 2020
release. However, I thought better of it when I considered what we
experienced with the 2019 release cycle. The initial 2019 update also
didn't contain a huge amount of new features but we certainly saw that
new features were added over time during the 2019 update cycle, such
as the picture smart feature. I know that JAWS users are used to
massive feature updates when the new release is launched, followed by
a series of minor maintenance updates during the year. What I think
we're seeing are features which roll out over time, rather than one
big update containing 25 brand new features all at once.
I'm more concerned about old features continuing to work than new features. Ever since the first beta and now with the official 2020 release, I cannot add dictionary entries to my default file, nor can I associate another file as my default dictionary. My only recourse is to add entries manually to the file in Notepad, which is tedious and time consuming. How can such a basic aspect of screen-reading software go unnoticed and unattended, especially since I've reported this problem since the first beta, and sent Vispero Support detailed crash dumps? Answer: They just don't care. Software developers only listen to us when we threaten to withdraw our financial support.Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@verizon.net