moderated Re: Plugins for Windows Media Player

Marty Hutchings

Hay all,  The comment about skins got me thinking, so I reinstalled Winamp on the laptop and set the skins to classic, which is what I had it set to on my desktop and what to you know, it works now.  JAWS reads the tracks in the play list as i up and down arrow through it and the cross-fading works after a little fiddling  with it.
Thanks for baring with me through this.
Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Monday, October 28, 2019 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: Plugins for Windows Media Player

His email said he was on Jaws 2019  and not Jaws 15 this end which should be completely unproblematic.

However I agree  that he should experiment with views/skins in Winamp.

If that does not work then Possibly uninstall Winamp completely and re-download from  http://ninite.com/ and try again with the tried and tested method.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 28 October 2019 22:58
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Plugins for Windows Media Player

Something is wrong if you cannot arrow through eh playlist editor. This works fine for me in Windows 10, using JFW. And as Winamp hasn’t been updated much since 2013 or so (except for that 5.8 beta version that was mysteriously released recently), JAWS 15 should really still do what you need. However, if you are on Windows 10 with JAWS 15, you may already be experiencing a whole host of problems.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: October 28, 2019 5:09 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Plugins for Windows Media Player

My daughter wants me to DJ for her 16 birthday this Saturday.  Her play list is completed.  I had planned to run the music from a Windows 10 laptop running JAWS 2019 and Winamp which allows cross fading of songs, but JAWS does not tell me which screen that I am in nor does it let me arrow up and down through the play list as it used to with Windows 7 on my desktop machine.  I decided to use Windows Media Player on the laptop which does let me arrow through the play list and reads the tracks, but no cross fading feature.  Is there a plugin for Windows Media Player that will do this for me?  I tried looking at the plugin download menu option through the player, but no joy.  Just sound enhancers for surround sound.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.