moderated One Drive File Access Issue

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I have noticed a recent change in One Drive, and I can’t tell whether it is a Jaws or Microsoft issue.

It used to be that when I created a link to a One Drive Microsoft Word or text document file, and sent that link in an e-mail, the document could be opened and read as a Microsoft Word document in the normal way.  In other words, you didn’t have to do anything in order to make the file readable.

Now, when I do this, I get a very confusing initial screen that I can’t figure out how to navigate.  I get a message  that says press alt shift A for accessibility help, but when I do this, Jaws does not read what’s on the screen.

Obviously, I’m missing a step here.

Can anyone with One Drive experience assist with this issue?

I’m using Windows 10 and Jaws 2019 with Office 365.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan