moderated Re: complete list of differences between owning jfw pro vs home

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

That is the subscription version/model, just as with other subscriptions the product only works as long as the subscription is active.

That is, however, not the difference between Jaws Home and Professional, many people own Jaws Home and they bought it long before there was a subscription. Somebody, who bought Jaws 18 certainly could be using Jaws 18 still even though since Jaws 18 was released, Jaws 2018 was released, then Jaws 2019 and in a week or two Jaws 2020.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 4:18 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: complete list of differences between owning jfw pro vs home

Marianne,

The home annual license that was created a little over a year ago is most certainly not a perpetual license as was explained in the JAWS meeting at this year's ACB convention. This is the home annual license that you purchase online using the JAWS portal. Maybe we're talking about two different things but that is how the home annual license works.

Alan Lemly

On Oct 25, 2019, at 5:59 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

I don’t think this is true. I have been using the home version for several years and it has never stopped working if I didn’t update. It cost me more when I did upgrade.