moderated Re: complete list of differences between owning jfw pro vs home

Marianne,

The home annual license that was created a little over a year ago is most certainly not a perpetual license as was explained in the JAWS meeting at this year's ACB convention. This is the home annual license that you purchase online using the JAWS portal. Maybe we're talking about two different things but that is how the home annual license works.

Alan Lemly

On Oct 25, 2019, at 5:59 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@...> wrote:

I don’t think this is true. I have been using the home version for several years and it has never stopped working if I didn’t update. It cost me more when I did upgrade.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 6:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: complete list of differences between owning jfw pro vs home

The other difference between the home annual license and the pro that I don't believe has been mentioned is the home annual license is not perpetual. In other words, if you choose not to upgrade it when the year lapses, the software stops working. If you choose not to upgrade a pro license, it will continue to work because it is perpetual.

Alan Lemly

On Oct 25, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Kimsan via Groups.Io <kimsansong@...> wrote:

Hi,

I just got off the phone with fs to purchase an SMA. Good grief, upgrade price now is 300?

I’ve had pro since the day before forever, so I said forget it and purchase home for 150.

Besides the work settings, any other differences between owning home or pro?

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...