moderated Re: Picture Smart

John Doering

Does not seem to be in 2019.

Found the OCR with JAWS option in the context menu, but nothing for Picture Smart.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 10:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Picture Smart

There is also a “Picture Smart with Jaws” option on the context menu just before “Convenient OCR”, but if you are on an image file in File Explorer, bring up the context menu with Shift + F10 and select Picture Smart with Jaws, it only opens the image. This is in Jaws 2020 which is currently the only version of Jaws I have on my home laptop. I’ll check in a bit when I’m at work if this works with Jaws 2019, but it used to and if so I’ll file a bug with Vispero for the Jaws 2020 Beta.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 6:53 AM

According to the help within Picture Smart, apparently not.

For the command insert+spacebar, p, then b, it says: An image on the clipboard can be described using the letter B

So, You just have to initiate that command while the image is “on the clipboard”.

If you use alt+printscreen, you can sve the image in your Pictures folder in a subfolder called Screen Shots.

Then, navigate to that folder and focus on the image file, and use the insert+spacebar followed by p then f for file.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Mladek
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 3:56 AM

Do I not have to save this into my file of choice first?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Barnett
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2019 9:09 PM

insert plus spacebar then  p then B.

On 10/24/2019 5:30 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:

Hi all,

I have been playing around with the prppint screen of which I have activated screen snipping when I do this.

When I go to my clipboard, the information is there for those who can see. However, is JAWS able to read this information captured? Picture Smart not able I believe, how would I read this information?

Thanks,

Rick

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.