moderated Re: creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using latest jaws and win10

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Yes, that would be really nice. I read somewhere that you can also create a bookmark and then copy it to your desktop, but have not tried it at all.

Greetings from Greece,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using latest jaws and win10

There used to be a Firefox plugin called “Deskcut” that worked really nicely.  However, it seems it is no longer available.  If someone knows where to get it, please reply!  With Deskcut, a context menu choice was added to the applications key (shift+F10) “save link” that put a shortcut onto your desktop.  It worked like the IE “send shortcut to desktop” command.  I have not found a similar Firefox substitute.  If anyone knows of a good substitute, please reply!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Panagiotis Antonopoulos
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: creating a desktop shortcut of a site in Firefox using latest jaws and win10

Thank you very much Brian. I would have expected a somewhat friendlier way for us blind people, as I have found with chrome, but not with Firefox so far.

Take care,

Takis

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:12 PM

The "Method One" documented here, https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-create-website-shortcut-on-desktop-in-windows-10/, will work to create a desktop shortcut that will open under your default web browser in Windows 10.

If Firefox is not your default web browser, and you want to use it as an exception case, things get slightly more complicated.  For the moment I will presume it is your default.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362  

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.