moderated Re: There has been no update to reported issues regarding pronunciation dictionary not saving new entries

Michael Munn

I only have 900 entries in my JDF files. that is good to know about this regard.
Best regardds
Micael Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

www.nfbv.org

Member: Maryland Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Maryland

www.nfbmd.org

www.hadley.edu

Students of Hadley Institute of the Blind

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 8:54 PM Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io <ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
At 01:33 PM 10/21/2019, Adrian Spratt wrote:
 >This hasn't happened to me, but I dimly recall reading that each JAWS
 >dictionary has a memory limit. It's something I keep in mind as I
 >choose which words to fix. I could be wrong. If I'm right, my solution
 >is hardly ideal. Also, if I'm right, I wonder if the limit is
 >dependent to a degree on the computer capacity of our systems.
The memory is 2000 entries, but I only have 1100. Besides, that
doesn't explain why JAWS has no problem adding entries to a
dictionary containing the same entries, but using a different filename.

Orlando Enrique Fiol