moderated Re: There has been no update to reported issues regarding pronunciation dictionary not saving new entries

Adrian Spratt

Orlando,

This hasn't happened to me, but I dimly recall reading that each JAWS dictionary has a memory limit. It's something I keep in mind as I choose which words to fix. I could be wrong. If I'm right, my solution is hardly ideal. Also, if I'm right, I wonder if the limit is dependent to a degree on the computer capacity of our systems.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 11:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: There has been no update to reported issues regarding pronunciation dictionary not saving new entries

Hi all. Ever since 2020 beta 1, I have been unable to add new entries to Default.jdf, although I can add new entries to another dictionary with the default entries copied into it. Vispero tech support claims that they cannot duplicate this problem. But there's nothing so special about both my machines' configurations that would preclude saving dictionary entries, especially since entries can be saved to another file. The problem is that if I want those entries to apply globally, I must use Default.jdf. Is this happening to anyone else?

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.