From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 1:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Parameter For Pronunciations Of Syllables

Hi, it's Annabelle.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know if there's a parameter you can enter within Dictionary Manager, or somewhere within JAWS, to denote the accurate pronunciation of stressed versus unstressed syllables in a given word? I know in the Microsoft SAPI's speech markup language, there are parameters for typing pronunciations of Primary Stress syllables (1) and Secondary Stress syllables (2), as well as syllabic markers (-), and that each letter or letter combination is separated by a space. For example, if there are two pronunciations of a word, like "Progress". "p r ax - g r eh s 1" or "p r aa 1 - g r eh s". How would I simulate this with JAWS?