moderated Re: Seeking recommendations for password managers

John Covici

I was using keepass, but it no longer works on the mac and the ios
client (keepass touch) has some problems, its accessible, but not well
maintained.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 13:15:23 -0400,
Alan Lemly wrote:

[1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
[2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Norma,

Sorry about being a bit late to the party.

I really like Keepass for managing my passwords in Windows. I find it is accessible with Fusion 2019 and JAWS. It is also free and you can read about it at the following link:

https://keepass.info/download.html

It's latest version is KeePass 2.43 which can be downloaded with the following link:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/keepass/files/KeePass%202.x/2.43/KeePass-2.43-Setup.exe/download

If you use an iPhone or other iOS device, Mini Keepass is the app which works with the Keepass .kdbx database file. You have to transfer the database file to your iOS device either using a Dropbox account or iTunes since Keepass doesn't
have a cloud service like 1Password. But it is free.

Here is a How-To Geek article on password managers you might want to read:

https://www.howtogeek.com/240255/password-managers-compared-lastpass-vs-keepass-vs-dashlane-vs-1password/

The article might be a bit dated and it is not written from an accessibility viewpoint but it does have some good information. Good luck with the selection process.

Alan Lemly