moderated Re: The Freedom Scientific folder

Glenn / Lenny

That is possible, I always have mine set to show all system and hidden files.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: The Freedom Scientific folder

Could some of the files be hidden some how?

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:59 PM

The View is set to List and when I open the FS folder, JAWS says that there are only 2 items.  If I hit Right Arrow, it tells me when the item was created.
Why would I not have a FS folder in the first Program Files folder?
Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:36 PM

Is it possible that your view is not set to list, and you might find more folders if you arrowed right?
On mine, both have more than two folders.
The X86 one is the main one, it also holds Open Book.
Or, perhaps for installations of Jaws since their new payment scheme, there are less folders, but I don't know why that might matter.

Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:30 PM

This is the case.  There are 2 Program Files folders and the second one has X86 after.  There is no Freedom Scientific folder in the first one, but there is this folder in the one with X86 and it only seems to have the 2 sub folders in it.  Where are the rest of the JAWS folders?

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:20 PM

Hi Marty,
My guess that the computer in question is a 64 bit computer and the one you are used to has a 32 bit version of Windows running on it.
On 64 bit computers running Windows 64 bit, there are two Program File folders in the root of C:.
There is one that has (x86) after it, and there should be a Freedom Scientific folder in there too, and probably the one you are looking for.
HTH.
BTW, this is how anyone can tell if they are running a 64 bit version of Windows, which of course will only run on a 64 bit computer.
If you don't have both Program Files folders, then your windows is 32 bit.

Glenn
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:05 PM
Subject: The Freedom Scientific folder

I have noticed that there are several folders in the Freedom Scientific folder on my Windows 7 machine where I am running JFW 2019, but when I installed JAWS 2019 on my Windows 10 laptop, there are only the Error Reporting and Shared folders showing in the Freedom Scientific folder in Program Files on the laptop computer.  Why is this and how do I get the rest of the files to show?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.