moderated Re: Is bitlocker accessible with JAWS

ARORA Meesha

Yes, it is a good idea if only numeric password works as usually password require alphanumeric along with a special character.

Thank you

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is bitlocker accessible with JAWS

We also use bitlocker and it loads before JAWS, so it can be a bit tricky if you don’t have light perception.   I can see when the screen is dark because it’s just starting up with the HP logo, then I can see when the screen is filled with a light color, which means I can enter my Bitlocker password.  A hint I was given and love is to use a numeric only password for bitlocker so you are not stuck if caps lock is on or off.  I use a childhood phone number so all I’m entering is the numbers on the number row.