moderated Re: Is bitlocker accessible with JAWS

ARORA Meesha

Yes, it is a good idea if only numeric password works as usually password require alphanumeric along with a special character.

Thank you

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is bitlocker accessible with JAWS

We also use bitlocker and it loads before JAWS, so it can be a bit tricky if you don’t have light perception.   I can see when the screen is dark because it’s just starting up with the HP logo, then I can see when the screen is filled with a light color, which means I can enter my Bitlocker password.  A hint I was given and love is to use a numeric only password for bitlocker so you are not stuck if caps lock is on or off.  I use a childhood phone number so all I’m entering is the numbers on the number row. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter op t Hof
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: Is bitlock accessible with JAWS

Hi,

At work we use Bitlocker too.

It starts before the login-screen appears.

I have to type my pincode with blind-typing but it works for me.

Before that we have used RSA Tokens and that is more a challenge.

Gr,

Peter.

Op 10-10-2019 om 15:46 schreef Jason White via Groups.Io:

Yes, as long as it doesn’t prompt for a password while loading the operating system, which it shouldn’t if your machine has Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware. If there’s no TPM, I’m not sure what BitLocker does – it may ask for a password, and if so, this would probably happen before JAWS starts.

I’ve used it successfully with JAWS on laptops that have TPM modules.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of ARORA Meesha
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:26 AM
Subject: Is bitlock accessible with JAWS

Hello,

Can anyone advise if Bitlock encryption is accessible with JAWS on a windows 10 system?

Thanks to confirm

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.