moderated Re: how do i attach a document to e mail using webmail?

I guess this is very difficult for anybody to explain unless they are also using the same Earthlink web portal.
Typically you would find a button which would allow you to browse for a file which you can then attach, you most likely won't be able to copy and paste a file to attach it like you can do in Outlook and I doubt you would want to open the file.
Is there any reason you don't want to use an email client? If not Outlook because of the cost, there are free email clients like thunderbird or the Mail app if you use Windows 10.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:48 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do i attach a document to e mail using webmail?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Oct 12, 2019 1:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do i attach a document to e mail using webmail?

Hi,
Which browser?
What have you tried so far?
It depends on the service you are logged into.
But we need to know what hasn't worked.
Glenn
----- Original Message -----
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2019 1:00 AM
Subject: how do i attach a document to e mail using webmail?

Hi list members, i'd like to know how can I attatch a document to a
message using webmail? What is the best way to go about it? I would
appreciate any information that anyone might have because i'm trying
to do this before or by this coming Tuesday morning. Thank you.

Hi, I use https://webmail.earthlink.net. Everything seems fine until I have to attach a file to the message that I write. I'm using jaws 16 and internet explorer as the browser. I usually don't have a problem with this combination but usually when I use brouse then I select the file do I also have to open the document that I want to attach? that sounds strange but my question here is can I copy the item from lets say that the document that I want is located on my desktop, can't I just copy the file in question? wouldn't that work? I think that there needs to be a better way of doing this? Thank you for asking me some questions so that I can walk through how I try to send an attachment along with a message.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.