moderated Re: Stopping JAWS to say 'spelling error'

Steve Griffiths

Hi Gezim,

Two things I can suggest. First is to check that the language being checked is the language you're using. If you're using Word 2016 or above, press Alt + Q and type language. DownArrow once to Language, then RightArrow into a submenu. There are two options in it; the first is for the current document only and the second is the default language used to create documents. You will want to check them both.

If you're using an earlier version of Word, to get the default language you can do Alt, F, T. DownArrow to Language and then Tab to the options.

To get to the document settings with an earlier version of Word, press Alt, R, U, L.

The other thing to check is your spelling options. To do this, go into the Settings Center with JAWSKey + 6, then Tab once and DownArrow to text processing, RightArrow to open it and DownArrow to Proofing. RightArrow to open that and then DownArrow through the options, changing them to suit you.

Hope that helps,

Steve