moderated Re: Converting CDA music file to a MP3

ratshtron

another good one is anyburn which is free.

Legend has it that on Thursday 10/3/2019 09:42 PM, Michael Moore said:
----------------------------------------
You can also use Goldwave rip cds to .wav or .mp3. It’s very accessible.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, October 3, 2019 10:38 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Converting CDA music file to a MP3

I use this, and it works pretty well and is very configurable. I have all tracks selected by default, so all I have to do is put the cd in and press f9, and it rips everything in short order.

You should be aware though that when Iinstalled the programme last, it came bundled with a bunch of junkware. Malwarebytes made short work of it, but it was still annoying. I was not able to read the parts of the dialogue boxes that apparently had checkboxes pertaining to this added software (a game of some sort, a web search engine/bar replacement, and something else useless). Just take care when you install. I’ve heard the programme Unchecky can help with this sort of stuff.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Moty Azrad
Sent: October 3, 2019 10:12 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Dear all,

I suggest a very nice and easy program to use that is called:
Cdex – CD extractionWhen the program is installed on your PC, open it from your desktop icon, put your CD in its Drive and wait a little then you can select all by pressing control+a then press the key f9 to convert to MP3 or press the key f12 to convert to Wav.

I hope it helps

Moti

Moti Azrad
Musician and Piano-Tuner

<mailto:motiaz@...>motiaz@...

<mailto:azrad_moty@...>azrad_moty@...

Israel

From: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io <<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, October 4, 2019 04:38
To: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 09:34 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I just use Windows Media Player to rip my CDs.

Same here. Particularly since Windows Media Player can be set up to automatically rip any CD inserted and eject it as soon as the rip is complete.

I post process the MP3s with MP3Gain for volume leveling so that I don't constantly have to be adjusting the volume when playing them as a random mix.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362

Many of the insights of the saint stem from his experience as a sinner.

~ Eric Hoffer

----------
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
<https://www.avast.com/antivirus>www.avast.com

----------------------------------------

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.