moderated Re: What is the JAWS command to get Outlook to reply to the sender of a message?

JM Casey

In addition to this, I feel it’s important to add that these are Outlook commands, not JAWS commands…so they will work, regardless of whether JAWS, another screen-reader, or no screen-reader at all is present. It’s good to know this sort of thing. Yes, JAWS has some commands that will get you to certain things on your pC faster, but in general, most of the commands that don’t simly cause your screen-reader to 8read* something, are Windows or programme-specific commands.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ &AA MAY
Sent: October 3, 2019 4:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: What is the JAWS command to get Outlook to reply to the sender of a message?

Depending on how a list is set up, usually control r will reply to the sender and everyone else will see the reply too. However, say you send an e-mail to your grandmother, your father and brother and your brother answers, if you press control r than only your brother will see your reply but if you press alt l or control shift r it will send your answer to everyone.

On this Jaws list control r allows everyone to see your reply.

I’m sure someone will shoot me down if I’m wrong!

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: 03 October 2019 06:37
Subject: Re: What is the JAWS command to get Outlook to reply to the sender of a message?

What’s the difference between reply and reply to all?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 6:46 PM

I just use alt + R to reply to the sender and ctrl + shift + R to reply to all.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Keao Wright
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 11:21 PM

I just tried that command I get cannot retrieve senders address.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 5:02 PM

Kevin,

Try Insert + shift + r to generate a reply directly to the sender of a list post. I'm not sure it works with all lists but I've had success with it on many of the groups.io lists.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2019 9:05 PM
Subject: What is the JAWS command to get Outlook to reply to the sender of a message?

Hi.

I know there is such a command, because I’ve used it. Many times, when I hit CTRL+R to reply to an individual sender, the address is a list rather than the original sender of the message. What’s the JAWS command to do this? I know the JAWS key is involved, but I can’t remember what it is anymore.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.