moderated Re: keyboard steps needed to reach "tandem" feature

Mike B.

Hi Kevin,

The person you want to access your computer would have to install a Jaws version the same as what you're running or later than what you're running on their computer and run in 40 minute mode.

Personally I've never used Tandem in 40 minute mode, but I just confirmed with Vispero that Tandem can be used in 40 minute mode.

So, the person would install the version of Jaws on their computer and below are steps from Vispero for the controlling computer operator to get an access number.  Remember you all are running in 40 minute mode, so this might be very tedious.

Instructions for the controling computer

1. insert+j to open up the JAWS window
2. Depending on if you run JAWS from the system tray or task list select the appropriate keystroke:
If JAWS is normally in your system tray then at this point simply hit the letter U: If you do not keep it in the system tray then hit alt+U.
The above opens up the utilities sub menu.
3. Right arrow twice.
4. down arrow once.
5. Hit enter.
6. Hit enter or spacebar on the get access button.
7. Give the Tandem code to the other person.

The client side:

1. insert+j to open up the JAWS window
2. Depending on if you run JAWS from the system tray or task list select the appropriate keystroke: If JAWS is normally in your system tray then at this
point simply hit the letter U: If you do not keep it in the system tray then hit alt+U.
The above opens up the utilities sub menu.
3. Right arrow twice.
4. Hit enter.
5. type in the code given to you by the person who is going to access your computer.
6. Hit enter.

Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.