moderated Re: Jaws License Update Message

Mike B

Hi Dean & David,

Yes, I did upgrade my SMA a couple of weeks ago to J2022, but I didn't associate the what's new info from the latest J2019 update the other day to what happened today until someone mentioned it on another list.  Thanks much for your input / reminder.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws License Update Message

This comes from the release notes: “For single-user perpetual licenses, JAWS, Fusion, and ZoomText 2019 now check to see if an update to your license is available when the software first starts. For instance, you recently purchased or renewed a Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA). You will then have the option to update the license on your local computer. This allows you to install major releases in the future you are licensed to run without having to go through the authorization process after the install.”

I don’t quite get it, because I didn’t do anything to my license, but had to let it update anyway. 

Dean

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 5:29 PM
To: JFW List <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Jaws License Update Message

Hi All,

Today I received a message from Freedom Scientific / Vespero on 3 different computers that I needed to update my license and had to go through the license authorization process for all 3 computers even though all the computers had been authorized already.  This was with J2019 for all the computers, but since J2019 is the version that loads with the computer I don't know if this would have happened with any other Jaws version.  Anyways, has anyone else been getting this update license message?  Thanks much.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
Every man should marry.  After all, happiness is not the only thing in life.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.