moderated Re: OT - Setting Up the "Guest" Account in Windows 10

I've never seen the point in the Guest account (as such) anyway.  You can set up a local account with standard privileges, and without a password unless that's changed very recently, and have the same thing.  I've created a local account named Visitor for that purpose on some machines.

Why go through a bunch of gyrations to get something you can create via the regular Accounts settings?
Creating a local account under Windows 10 (Version 1903 used for steps)

1. Open Settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users Pane.

2. Navigate to the Add someone else to this PC button.  Activate it.  (It's under the Other users section)

3.  The Microsoft Account dialog will open, asking for an e-mail or phone number, but since you're trying to create a local account activate the I don't have this person's sign in information link instead.

4.  In the next screen of the dialog, Create Account, activate the Add a user without a Microsoft account link.

5.  In the next screen, Create an account for this PC, enter the user name you want in the edit box Who's going to use this PC?   If you wish to have a password, then in the two edit boxes under Make it secure, enter the password and enter it again.  If you don't want a password, leave those blank.

You're done.  The account will be created as a local account with standard privileges and should now appear on your login screen as one you can choose from.

This has been the method for a while now, though I can't remember which version I was using when I last created a local account before creating one now to get through the steps above.

         ~ Eric Hoffer