moderated Re: Two Questions re Outlook, JAWS and Windows-10

JOHN RIEHL

Thanks. That will work when sending attachments, but when saving attachments I get via e-mail I need another solution.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 11:45 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Two Questions re Outlook, JAWS and Windows-10

I’m not sure about reassigning the keystrokes to move around the panes, as this is a Microsoft keystroke, but I’ll point out that Shift F6 and F6 do the trick and require a bit less finger gymnastics from the key combo you mentioned.  I’ve put a few tactile bumps on my keyboard to help me quickly determine function keys.

As for attaching files, I’m still on Office 2016 and don’t have the issue you describe.  However, I’d like to suggest a solid method for adding attachments that I prefer.  Use the Windows File Explorer to find the files you want. Hit Control C to copy.  Then, when focus is in the message body of your email, just hit Control V to paste and your attachment is added. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@...> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 5:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Two Questions re Outlook, JAWS and Windows-10

Hi. I’m new to this particular group; I was on the other JAWS list until it was no more.

I have two questions re Outlook 2019, the latest JAWS and Windows-10.

Is there any way to change the key that I use to move between panes in Outlook? It used to be you could press Shift-tab when in outlook to move between your  mailboxes and e-mails, etc. Now the key combo is control-shift-tab. I’d like to go back to the previous key combo. Is this possible?

My second issue is more serious. In Outlook 2019, whenever I want to save or send a file, the first time I try to do it JAWS is very very slow in bringing up the list of folders and files.  If I then save or send another file, the list of folders and files quickly appears. This is 100% repeatable and is highly annoying.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks.

John

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.