moderated Re: Issues with google chrome

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

There may not be much of an advantage between multiple tabs and multiple windows. Having several tabs open at once is known to slow down the system, and I don't know if multiple windows is any worse. In terms of keyboard access, if you use the task bar well, having pages open in multiple windows will let you use first-letter navigation to switch pages. But if you are just alt+tabbing, then having several Chrome windows open could slow you down.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Issues with google chrome

What is the advantage of opening web pages in separate tabs vs. opening
them in separate windows? I don't see any, especially for blind users
who can't see the whole screen, anyway.

Gerald

And there are also extensions which when installed won't allow for Chrome to be closed without a warning, but I tried one of them and didn't like it.
The Control + W method for closing individual tabs is best, may need a bit of getting used to until it's part of your muscle memory.