moderated Re: Issues with google chrome

Cristóbal

Having multiple windows open for every page can soon lead to alt+tab hell.
Probably more a tomato/tomotto thing at the end of the day though.
Depending on what I’m doing, I may have a cluster of tabs open in one window and if I'm researching a totally separate subject, I may have those tabs open in a different window entirely. I also take advantage of the virtual desktop feature and there's always the ability to have difference instances of Chrome with different accounts open as well.
Ultimately that sort of thing will depend on how best it fits into your workflow.
As far as the tabs thing, I also take advantage of the control+page down/page up commands to cycle through my various open tabs.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Issues with google chrome

What is the advantage of opening web pages in separate tabs vs. opening them in separate windows? I don't see any, especially for blind users who can't see the whole screen, anyway.

Gerald

On 9/24/2019 12:59 PM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
And there are also extensions which when installed won't allow for Chrome to be closed without a warning, but I tried one of them and didn't like it.
The Control + W method for closing individual tabs is best, may need a bit of getting used to until it's part of your muscle memory.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Orlando
Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2019 8:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Issues with google chrome

At 04:18 AM 9/24/2019, David Griffith wrote:
>I don't know why left alt is not working for you but you could try >using backspace.

Backspace does nothing in Chrome. When alt+left or right arrows aren't working, the best solution is to press F6 before trying to go back or forward a page. Once on the previous or next page, press tab, then escape. These commands all have to do with Chrome's focus.

>In relation to closing individual tabs the command for this is >control F4 rather than alt F4 which closes the entire program.

Control+W does the same thing.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.