moderated Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

Adrian Spratt

Dean,

It used to work, but now I see it doesn’t. Unfortunately, I made the assumption that it still did instead of my usual practice of testing before posting.

One thing I observed just now as I belatedly did the test: Before, JAWS was counting only the files in a screen. After I opened Narrator on the files list and then closed it, even though Narrator gave me no numbers report, JAWS started doing so. With insert-pagedown, I now get the files list total. With insert-tab, I get both the total number list and the position of the file in focus.

Perhaps it’s coincidental, but there may still be some kind of relationship between the two programs.

In any event, sorry for a distracting post.