moderated Re: Do I need JAVA?

JM Casey

One offline product that requires the Java Runtime Environment to run properly is the database software component of OpenOffice (and, I imagine, libre as well).

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: September 23, 2019 5:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Do I need JAVA?

There's no way anyone can really answer this, as it depends entirely on whether you use any online apps or websites that use Java.

I would uninstall the Java Runtime Environment from Control Panel, Programs & Features then see how things go.  If you do end up needing Java for something you can just download and reinstall it again, which is what you'll do anyway if you wish to try to resolve this issue.

         ~ Eric Hoffer