From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: September 23, 2019 11:58 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

Tom,

If insert-pagedown is working for you, that’s what’s supposed to happen. However, for a lot of folders, that count measures only the number of files shown in a screen. It doesn’t show the number of files in the folder, which is often much larger. The method I described, which I learned from Rebecca on the closed JAWS list, enables JAWS users to get both the screen and the folder count.