moderated Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

Adrian Spratt

Tom,

If insert-pagedown is working for you, that’s what’s supposed to happen. However, for a lot of folders, that count measures only the number of files shown in a screen. It doesn’t show the number of files in the folder, which is often much larger. The method I described, which I learned from Rebecca on the closed JAWS list, enables JAWS users to get both the screen and the folder count.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 10:20 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

Adrian:

Unfortunately, I was unable to get an accurate file count by switching to Narrator, and then back to Jaws as you suggest.

For me, insert page down seems to be the best way to get an accurate file count, until this bug is fixed.

Of course, I’m always open to other suggestions.

By the way, I always check to be sure my screen is maximized.

Tom Behler