moderated Re: How to focus on Chrome 77 notifications?

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

They don’t make this easy. To get to notification settings, press alt+f, s for chrome settings, press Enter on the Advanced button to expand it, activate the link for Site Settings, and then activate the link for Notifications. Here, there is a toggle button for the global setting, which is either Block or (roughly) ask each time, the default.  I much prefer Block!  Below, you can add sites to the block or Allow lists.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Delaunay Christophe
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2019 11:26 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: How to focus on Chrome 77 notifications?

Hi all,

When I open Google Chrome on my win7-64-powered computer running Jaws 2019, I sometimes hear notifications. Some of them, like download progress are easily reachable by pressing the <F6> or <Shift+F6> key but some others do not seem to be reachable.

In addition, some of these notifications I don’t know how to reach have several buttons which are spoken once by Jaws. One of them is “Notifications settings” and another is “done”. Since I don’t know how to interact with this button, I tried to find a page about notifications settings in the Chrome menu. I definitely know how to display the Chrome settings page but in this page, I cannot figure out what to look for about notifications.

Finally, since I don’t know how to press the “done” button which is spoken by Jaws at the end of notifications, when I press <alt+F4> to close Chrome, the foreground Chrome window is closed but Chrome still runs in the background. So, how can I interact with those notifications please?

Many thanks in advance for any advice. Have a nice day. Chris D