moderated Re: activating windows by script

Marten Post Uiterweer

Dean,

This seems not what I am looking for.
The chatwindows only exist if you have a chat, so you have to pin it
each day again and remember what number it is. And I have more outlook
mailboxes open, so more outlook windows.
I want to activate windows by classname orso as is possible with
autohotkey. Wonder if a jawsscript can do this and how.\

Marten

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 07:22:57 -0400 "Dean Martineau" <topdot@...> wrote:

This is the sort of thing my book, Windows Keyboard Power User Guide
concerns itself with. https://techforblind.us

I don't know if you can do this at work, I suspect you can, but go to the
run dialog and type shell:appsfolder and press enter. You get a listing of
everything installed on the computer. You can put icons to all of them on
the desktop, native Windows apps won't come with such icons by default, and
then assign hotkeys to them. It varies, but most of such hotkeys can be used
to switch to the app as well as launch it, but that doesn't work with Office
apps.

You can certainly pin your most important programs to the task bar. Skype
for Business and Outlook can be pinned. Once you learn the position of the
icons on the task bar, up to ten of them, you can press Windows+Number to
launch or switch to that program.

I suspect at least some of this will work for you.

Dean