moderated Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

Marty Hutchings

You can get an accurate file count by Back Spacing out of your folder and hitting the Application key for the context menu and up arrow to Properties and hit Enter.  You will need to use the JAWS Curser to read, but the number of items in the folder is there.

Love in Christ
Marty
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

Can someone tell me how to check the status line so as to get an accurate file count until this issue gets fixed?

I just can’t remember the key stroke for doing this.

Thanks!

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Sunday, September 22, 2019 3:33 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

I’m not sure there is a fix..maybe something to do with UIA or whatever it is, but I haven’t bothered to play with it.

I usually just check the status line if I really want to know how many items there are. I don’t believe this gives an inaccurate count and it’s independent of JAWS.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: September 22, 2019 7:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

It seems to me there was a solution to this little problem, but I can’t remember it. JAWS 2019 in Windows 10 gives inaccurate counts of files.  It will report that a given file is 1 of 25, when in fact there are many more than 25 files in the folder. I have changed the item type of the folder, to no avail. NVDA does this fine. The file is maximized. Is there a known fix?

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.