moderated Re: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

JM Casey

I’m not sure there is a fix..maybe something to do with UIA or whatever it is, but I haven’t bothered to play with it.

I usually just check the status line if I really want to know how many items there are. I don’t believe this gives an inaccurate count and it’s independent of JAWS.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dean Martineau
Sent: September 22, 2019 7:11 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: accurate item counts in file explorer windows

It seems to me there was a solution to this little problem, but I can’t remember it. JAWS 2019 in Windows 10 gives inaccurate counts of files.  It will report that a given file is 1 of 25, when in fact there are many more than 25 files in the folder. I have changed the item type of the folder, to no avail. NVDA does this fine. The file is maximized. Is there a known fix?