moderated Re: Operating System unassisted install

Jason White

When I last tried this, if I remember correctly, the drive needed to have an MBR partition table rather than a GPT partition table. Otherwise, the Media Creation Tool failed with an obscure error message while writing the operating system installer to it.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2019 1:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Operating System unassisted install

There should not be a need to do anything special regarding the USB drive's bootability. The Microsoft Media Creation Tool handles that just fine.

On 9/21/2019 1:36 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
Hi Rick,
Probably your USB drive is not set to be a bootable drive.
I would install Universal USB installer on it and install Talking Win
PE and run the launcher that way.
Otherwise you may need to have someone set the flag on the USB drive
to be bootable.