From: "Rick Mladek" <hmladek@neo.rr.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2019 5:50 PM
Subject: Re: Operating System unassisted install

Learned something new regarding usb drives...

I purchased a usb flash drive and my computer, the one I am now using, could see the drive without a problem. The computer attempting to install the operating system could not. A neighbor that heads the computer department for a large local school district stopped by and let me borrow his "bootable usb drive". I had no idea there was such but the computer recognized this drive, the install went well and all in all, everything ended successfully.

Another thing regarding Dell laptops/computers. Talking to Dell, I told them I wanted to upgrade my ram/memory from 8 to 16 Gb. They told me my XPS 15Z laptop only could accept the 8 Gb as maximum. I read others being able to up their ram and I purchased the 16gb memory, 2x8Gb, and it recognized the memory and is working without a problem.

Thanks for all your comments/assistance...

Rick