moderated Re: Operating System unassisted install

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 10:23 AM 9/21/2019, Rick Mladek wrote:
Is it possible to install Windows 10 into/onto a new not previously
used hard drive, without sighted assistance?
Yes. Once you successfully boot from a USB or DVD drive, you can run Narrator, which will talk you through the entire installation. The trick is booting to the DVD or USB drive without speech. On my system, I've memorized that F12 opens the boot menu and five down-arrow presses lands me on the DVD boot option. Your system will probably vary depending on its configuration. It would be best to confirm this part of the process with sighted assistance.

Orlando Enrique Fiol