moderated Re: Operating System unassisted install

Richard Turner

First, it is pointless to install Windows 7 on a new machine since it is almost at the end of its life cycle.
If you are set on Windows 7, the Narrator keystroke is not control+windows+enter, that is the Windows 10 keystroke.
I'm not entirely sure what the Windows 7 command is but it could be Windows+Enter.
Or, you could call Microsoft Accessibility at 800-936-5900 and find out for sure or just Google it.

The new windows 10 is so much better and looks much like Windows 7, and Narrator is vastly improved in Windows 10 and will only get better after the fall update.

I know on two new Windows 10 machines I have worked with in the last year, Cortana came up talking and I did not need any sighted assistance to set it up.
When the time came, Cortana said if you need a screen reader to finish setup hit control+windows+enter.

I have no idea on a home built machine if Windows 10 will behave that way.

Richard

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper