moderated Re: Irritating problems with JAWS 2018

Maria Campbell

I humbly apologize and consider myself spanked with a wet noodle for my shortcuts of the JAWS version, which probably confused no one.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

On 9/21/2019 11:33 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
He was talking about Jaws 2018 not 18 and there is no 19 or 20, just 2019 and 2020. I know you probably mean that, but 18 and 2018 is certainly potentially confusing and going forward I think it is better to use the proper version designations.
I know there is the old argument about the affordability of Jaws, but I never really understood how once somebody had Jaws initially they could not afford the $5 a month which an SMA effectively costs. I think the problem is that people have to pay $120 every 2 years and it is more of a budgeting issue, they probably wouldn't have any issue with $5/month, but can't come up with $120 as a lumpsum because they don't budget. In any case, just as Windows 10 nowadays gets 2 major updates a year and older versions go out of support relatively quickly, I think it is absolutely important that if you are a Jaws user to also use the most current version of Jaws if you want the best experience.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Maria Campbell
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2019 7:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Irritating problems with JAWS 2018

I didn't have any focus problems with 18 that I recall, but I sure do with 19 now.  That's why I'm trying out the 20 beta.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.

On 9/21/2019 10:23 AM, Dan Longmore wrote:
Hi,
Sorry I can't help with the first but I can tell you that 2018 did have a lot of trouble with losing focus. A JAWS re boot at times fixed the problem for a time. Tabbing away and coming back is annoying but works. So far the issue is much less, if at all, in 2019. Yes, Freedom was aware of the issue.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of turab chimthanawala
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2019 12:27 AM
To: jfw <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Irritating problems with JAWS 2018

Dear all,
I use JAWS 2018 on a Win 10 machine. I am pissed off due to the following issues.
1. When Jaws is on, I can often use "g". While I know that there is some shortcut Windows + g for game bar: I continually have to turn that off. Any way to get rid of it permanently?
2. Jaws often loses focus while I am on the net. I have to press Alt + Tab twice to get the focus back.

Eagerly await solutions for these.

Thanks
Best
Turab

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.