moderated Re: JAWS and Outlook on Windows 10

Loreal Lavigna

After the initial repair, I called back again and spoke to a second agent.  She appeared to have fixed the issue for the current moment, but on trying to replicate the success just now It seems to have gone back to the issue at hand.  Ironically, I can use almost all features of Windows Mail app and will use that instead for the time being.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 10:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: JAWS and Outlook on Windows 10

Same here, changing folders are not a problem and in fact I rarely have any crashes under Windows 10 of either Jaws or Excel or Outlook which are the Office programs I use the most.

When I was still running Windows 7 Excel and Outlook often had issues and usually Jaws would crash in the process as well and while it’s hard to put an exact number on it, I would say crashes under Windows 10 are at least 90% reduced.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:56 AM
Subject: Re: JAWS and Outlook on Windows 10

Well, I have Windows 10 Home, but that should not make a difference.

I can change folders without any issue.

Have you tried talking with Microsoft Accessibility?

800-936-5900

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2. 

On Sep 19, 2019, at 4:16 AM, Loreal Lavigna <loreallavigna@...> wrote:

hi Richard, I have exactly the same setup. Windows 10 professional, all updates installed. Office 365, Outlook 2016, again all updates installed. Jaws 2019, again all updates installed to latest Where I see it crashing or having an issue is when I go to change folders. if I stay in one folder long enough it doesn't seem to have an issue. But the second I go to change folders all of a sudden Outlook freezes and refuses to respond.

Loreal Lavigna
Legal transcriptionist
www.facebook.com/transcripts byloreal

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019, 09:16 Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

No issues here with Outlook 2016 from Office 365 and Jaws 2019 and Windows 10.

Which versions do you have?

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loreal Lavigna
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:28 AM
Subject: JAWS and Outlook on Windows 10

So I’m noticing that I’m having issues with Outlook on Windows 10.  Outlook continually and periodically keeps crashing for no apparent reason.  Is this an MS Outlook issue or has anyone else noticed this specifically with Windows 10?  I had some issues like this with Windows 7, but it seems like this is happening more frequently with Windows 10.

Thanks!

Loreal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.