moderated Re: Number of lines of print per page in a MS Word Document

Van Lant, Robin

A big change starting in, I think, Office 2007, is that the default document has wider spacing between lines.  It’s different from single versus double spacing.  This new spacing I’m talking about is a setting under paragraph.  The easiest way I know to fix this and make as your default is to do the following.

1. Open a new document.
  2. Hit the applications key to open the context menu and arrow down to Paragraph, then hit enter.
  3. In the paragraph dialog that opens, tab a few times until you hear “Before”.  In that box, type a 0 and then hit tab to the “After” box and type 0 again.  I think it’s the “After box that is usually set to “10 pt” by default and you want “0 pt”.
  4. Tab a few more times to a “Set as Default” button and hit enter. 
  5. You may need to hit an “OK” button after this to close the dialog.

If you have an existing document that you need to fix, simply select all text with Control A, then follow the steps starting at Step 2.

•  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Number of lines of print per page in a MS Word Document

Why is it that in older versions of MS Word, I could get 41 lines of print on a single page using 12 point times new roman font and now, I can only get 27 lines of print with the same font?  I have checked the page size and line spacing and it is the same.  I have several documents that were created in Word 2000 and if I save them as Word 2007 docx files, they have more pages.  this is true for label sheets that I have also.  They used to be 10 labels in a column on one page and now, they are 8 labels in a column with the bottom 2 rows going onto a second page.  Can anyone help me fix this mess?

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.