moderated Options dialog boxes in Office 365

Van Lant, Robin

I switched to Office 365 and also to JAWS sometime around the beginning of 2018.  Before that I was a Window Eyes user.  I have noticed something about how JAWS reads the choices in the Options dialog box for all Office products that I find challenging.  I’m not sure if this started when I started using one of these products or with an update to one of them.  I’d like to know if others have found a way to change this behavior or if others agree that it is challenging and warrants a change request to Freedom Scientific.  Here’s the issue:

Use Alt F, then T to open the Options dialog box.  Arrow up and down to select a  panel of options.  From here, we tab through all the choices for that group of options.  Microsoft has these choices on each panel arranged in groups with headings.  As I tab, JAWS is reading the heading before each option.  In some cases the heading is long, so I have to wait to hear the whole heading before I know which option I’m on.   Some panels, like the mail options panel in Outlook have a really long list of choices, so it’s a really tedious process to get to the option I want to change if ti’s far down in the list.  This used to not be the case, but I don’t’ recall when I noticed the change.

What are other’s opinions of this behavior? 

Robin

Windows 10, Office 365, JAWS 2019

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.