moderated "R1C1 reference style". Be sure this box is not checked. RE: Need help with an Excel formula

Van Lant, Robin

It’s also good to note that formulas like this don’t work if your spreadsheet has gotten switched to R1C1 cell referencing.   This occasionally happens to me if I download a report from certain programs.  However it occurs, you can check and change this setting under File / Options / Formulas and tab to the first checkbox under Working with Excel formulas,   In my recollection, JAWS still reads cell references at A1, B2, and so on, even if the reference style e gets switched.  I usually figure out I’m having a problem only when I try to type in a formula and it dosen’t recognize the alphanumeric cell references.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2019 1:11 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Need help with an Excel formula

Hi Listers,

First, I do not fully know how to use Excel like many of you who probably use it for work. But I do use it for keeping our Writers Club’s roster and my bank account spread sheets. I used to have a formula that I could use in keeping a spread sheet of my bank debits and deposits—balancing my account. The formula I was given was =(E3-D3)+F2 and it helped me keep account of the totals when putting in debits and credits. Used to work great. Now, however, when I start a new monthly spread sheet, I get a message that the formula I key in is an error. I don’t know if something has gotten erased from the formula I had in my original file, or if the formulas have changed over time. Otherwise, I have no need to learn Excel. Can someone just please help me with this formula or tell me what might be wrong?

Thank you.

Shirley

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.