moderated Re: Does the latest ITuneds work with JFW 2019?

David Griffith

It is a little fiddly to get iTunes into Songs view as iTunes can be pretty laggy and you might have to tab to get to the sort order where you should hear albums if it in default view.

Try  tab and shift tab in the library sidebar view table until you hear album. As soon as you hear album then try pressing the down arrow to change this to songs.

If your iTunes is slow it may take a little time to respond. Keep on pressing jaws up arrow to check where you are.

It really does work but if your iTunes is laggy then as I say it is a little fiddly.

Once in songs view then pressing control B should turn column browser on. You should then in the view menu find there is a column browser menu item which will allow you to customise the column browser – decide for example if you want the Genre column set.

It might be  also be  worth checking you have full keyboard navigation set in your iTunes preferences. There is more information on this and the Column Browser on

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/itunes/itns1019/windows

In terms of accessing your iTunes music with VLC this is straightforward.

  1. Find your iTunes Media folder which is normally in your Music folder, under iTunes media there will be a music folder and in there you should find all your downloaded iTunes music.
  2. If your music is not there you need to download it. In column browser navigayte down the artist column, first letter navigation should work, then tab across to the relevant album, and then finally tab across to the songs column. Press control a to select all songs, then press the application key and w  to download all the songs in the album. You will find the music in iTunes Media Music artist name then album name and finally the songs in m4a format which VLc will play happily.
  3. David Griffiththe the artist

youu

Sent from Mail for Windows 10