moderated Windows 10 and emojis

Edward Green

Hi all,

I wondered whether anyone has found an accessible way to type emojis in Windows 10 using JAWS 2019.

I have tried by bringing up the Windows touch keyboard from the System Tray, but don't seem to be able to enter the emojis using JAWS commands on the physical keyboard - I have tried the touch cursor without success.

I have had limited success in finding emojis on the screen itself, but scrolling is a bit unreliable/at an awkward angle as I'm using a laptop.

I have tried a couple of windows shortcuts which are meant to bring up emojis - Windows semi-colon and Windows period, but they don't seem to work.

Does anyone have any suggestions either things I can do differently using the methods I've already tried or something else?

Cheers,

Ed