cost of JAWS


Cy Selfridge
 

Don't forget that a great portion of FS clients are government agencies and
they do not really care what it costs.
Now, having said that I will also point out that many governmental agencies
are beginning to take a serious look at Apple.
FS may well be entering into a new era of customer base as Federal money
subsides.
Perhaps they will actually take note of their customer's complaints and do a
better job of testing before they release a new version for us to purchase.
Cy

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Nickus de Vos
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:06 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7

Drew, You say it would have been a different story if jaws sold as
much as windows. Well why is windows still that expensive then? Answer
just because they can, just like Freedom Scientific they can ask that
money because they know we have no other option. I agree jaws has a
much smaller market share than lots of other software but still think
FS makes a hell of a lot of money off us.

On 2/4/12, Drew Hunthausen <dhunthausen@gmail.com> wrote:
The price for Jaws and Window Eyes stays high because of the relatively
small population of people that use them. Compared with the mainstream
computer software products, the ones made for the blind are forced to
charge
higher prices because of this smaller demand. If Freedom Scientific was
able
to sell as many copies of Jaws as Microsoft sells of Windows operating
system than that would be another story all together. I to wish these
programs like jaws were much less expensive, but if they were I don't see
how they could exist in the first place. As far as Jaws cracks being the
same as copying movies, the similarities stop at the fact that they are
both
stealing. Movies and music have a huge market where as Jaws as a small
targeted market in those blind people who can afford it. I'm not saying
that
I like it, but I don't see any other way it could work.

Drew
-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Gerald Levy
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 10:19 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7


Well, FS does have competition from GW Micro's Window Eyes. Yet, the
price
of both JAWS and Window Eyes remains high. Why? I suspect that both
companies have conspired to fix prices at arbitrarily high levels. But
because they are relatively small, they have managed to avoid the scrutiny
of the FTC.

Gerald


----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Holloway" <rholloway@gopbc.org>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7


It may cost them less than that. I think the product is overpriced, and I
highly object to charging for skipped upgrades or SMA's where no support
was ever offered for those versions. If that business model works, they
should be increasing the product cost of each new version to make new
customers pay for versions they never owned, right?

The problem with the system is there is no real competition on par with
JAWS and there probably won't be for a long time. Even a great new p
roduct would take forever to gain enough market share that it is a viable
replacement in the workplace.

If the Coke company wants to start charging $20 for a can of Coke, they
can do that, but as long as there is Pepsi and the odd RC Cola (or
whatever) Coke would loose a lot of money in the process of jacking up
their prices. That applies to most everything we buy. Cell phones got
much

cheaper in recent years because (in part) there has been competition in
the marketplace. When you have no competition, you can pretty well set
pricing at will. Make no mistake about it, Freedom Scientific is not a
non-proffit organization.

Freedom could absolutely use some competition, at least from the
consumers' standpoint. It drives pricing down and product quality up.
That

however doesn't mean that if Cokes (my personal favorite) go up to $20
apiece I can justify stealing them because I think they are overpriced.
That's where it all breaks down for me.

On Feb 4, 2012, at 11:50 AM, cecropia64 wrote:

unfortunately, nobody said that greed doesn't have a whole lot to do
with

all this, because it certainly does. also, do you really think jaws
costs a thousand bucks? i'll bet it costs freedome about a hundred and
fifty to twwo hundred to actually produce, if that. oh well, looks like
there isn't one answer that fits all.

On 2/4/2012 11:33 AM, Nickus de Vos wrote:
Just one thing else for interest sake now that you mention steeling
from software companies pockets. I know this is getting off topic but
end of last year sometime I read a study, they actually said if
Microsoft considerably drop their software prices for windows and
office, they'll actually make more of a profit than they currently do.
Because at the moment windows and office is the most pirated software
worldwide and if it's cheeper more people will buy it. If you think
about it most people pirate software because they can't afford it so
imagine how many more will buy windows if it was like $40 or $50, just
look at Apple's Lion OS, the upgrade cost people $30 for 10 machines
assentially $3 per computer.

On 2/4/12, Nickus de Vos<bigboy529@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't agree with piracy but agree that jaws and most other assistive
devices are crazally expensive. If you really can't aford jaws then
use NVDA, it's totally free and feeture wise it's rite up there with
jaws, in fact there's some semi accessible software which I can access
better with NVDA than with jaws. Something else somebody mentioned,
does it really cost $3800 to get a guide dog in the US? If I
understand rite, that's crazy. In South africa we pay about the
equivalent of $15 or $20 but then again for stuff like jaws we pay
about equivalent of $1500. We don't easally get government bersaries
for assistive devices but can claim assistive devices back from the
government through income tax but you must still have the cash to fork
out and then wait a year or more before you can claim it back.

On 2/4/12, Juan Pablo<jpculasso@gmail.com> wrote:
Please, Adrian, let me know where I justified the piracy. Only I put
on
the
table a thing that is not never mentioned here. As I wrote in my last
e-mail
leave away the "easy words"
I know that this topic turn very unconfortable. Sorry, but is a part
of
your
reality. I promise you do not respond any future e-mail regarding
that.

All the best.
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:58 PM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: RE: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7

This is like saying that because some people get paid government
benefits,
tax cheating is a legitimate means of making things equal. I'm
surprised
anyone on this list would justify theft.

I'm sorry to extend an off-topic thread, but I can't let this kind of
thinking go unchallenged.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
[mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Juan Pablo
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 10:28 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7

Exactly, Gerald.

A lot of you have an original jaws installed cause of subsidied
agencies
by
the goverments.


-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Levy
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 1:23 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7


Are you suggesting that some of us paid less than the full price of
$1000
for JAWS? The only way this would be possible without buying a
cracked
or
illegal copy would be to have it purchased for us by a rehab agency.

Gerald


----- Original Message -----
From: "Juan Pablo"<jpculasso@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list."<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7


Really guys, How many of you paied the full price of jaws?

-----Original Message-----
From: cecropia64 Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:53 PM To: The
Jaws
for Windows support list. Subject: Re: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7
yes, i agreefully. besides, this is why prices of this stuff is so
out
of
reach for many. because of slimy people like this guy who wants
short
cuts instead of doing things the correct way. thanks pal to all of
you
who try similar things it's really apppreciated by those of us who
try
to
do things the honest way!

On 2/4/2012 8:52 AM, George B wrote:
this is not the place for this kind of thing

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-
jdh.com] On Behalf Of wogg le4
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 14:49
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Crack For Jaws 64 Bit Win 7

Hi all,

can anyone tell me of a working crack for win 7 64 bit?

email me off list!!!

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1424 / Virus Database: 2112/4786 - Release Date: 02/03/12


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.